Friday, January 20, 2012

Parabola Engine progress

While actively developing Yggdrasil, I decided to spare some time when possible to improve the engine a little, so it eventually becomes the great piece of software I am fighting for it to be.

Also, I decided the engine needed a "remake", not as in rewritting or refactoring code, but making things more neat and tieing loose ends, which there were plenty.

There were alot of inconsistencias along the library, so I am fixing it file by file, whenever i can. The name convention will now be similar to the standard library, inspired by the Qt framework. Also, when i convert a file to the new convention, i always fix functionality, perhaps add some and document the whole thing. I am also removing unecessary includes to optimize compile times. It should help a lot.

When this work is done, the engine will be on 1.0 release, and you will be able to make a full game with it, easily and granted! If anyone wants it in the meanwhile, i won't oppose, but I want to make it a good piece before showing it off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment