Saturday, February 11, 2012

News 10/02/2012

These days have been tiresome working both in the game and in the engine! 
At least I can say that the Foundation module is nearly finished, missing only some testing and possible tweaking/improving.

Also I started to do the same into the Graphics module now! 
I am doing all I can to publish a good software to work with! I've seen it as good before, but the more I learn, the more I improve it, being that I am really satisfied with some parts of it!

Big changes are expected soon enough..

More important: I have created a new system for the engine, which will be majorly useful when making all kinds of games! It is a little "cutscene engine" if you may call it that.. To briefly describe it, you get to write a movie in a pseudo-scripting language. You do it by controlling the movie execution step by step with a curious system that I bet you will enjoy! In the current game, it is used in the Intro screen, where a scripted cutscene plays and when it ends, advances to the next screen. The cutscene is also skippable by pressing Escape.

More about the movie system later, with possible examples, as it isn't completed yet.

The game is a little bit more evolved too, it starts on a intro screen as said before, which plays a movie. 
Then, when it ends forced or naturally, it delegates authority to the profile screen. It will try to read the game's persistent data, if it finds a "favorite" profile name, it will proceed with it before you see anything, otherwise, you are in the profile managing screen. After comes the main menu state, where you will be able to configure the game or continue your mission progress.

More info soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment